I love doing all of the year end reviews that pop up on the internet, but this one I’ve been doing for 9 years now!!
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
- Produced/Created a panel that spoke at Comic Con, Wonder Con, and Comikaze!
- Was interviewed live on FOX and ABC News
- Lived in Nashville (Okay, it was only for 30 days but it counts!)
- Became Reiki Certified (Level 2)
- Took an Archery Class
- Starred in a Music Video
- Created and Launched my own Consultation Service
- Helped raise over $500,000 on Kickstarter and Indie Go Go Campaigns
- Became friends with a GOONIE
- Walked in the Philadelphia New Year’s Day Mummers Parade
2. Did you keep your 2013 resolutions? Will you make more for 2014?
I like to set themes and mottos for the year. 2013 was the year of getting ‘stable’ again. Of unpacking out of 2012’s #GypsyMode and really starting to figure out how to turn my skill sets into viable income, while still pursuing my artistic endeavors of acting, hosting, and voiceover.
I made some enormous strides in this area and am proud of what I’ve accomplished.
For 2014, I would like to have my own place again, and begin a long-term committed relationship.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
YES!!!!!!! My baby sister had baby number 2! Joseph Anthony!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my very first Hollywood acting coach, Ivan S. Markota passed away.
And, a great mentor, friend, and Hollywood Legend, A.C. Lyles passed away.
5. What countries did you visit?
None.. just a ton of places in the US
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
- My own ‘permanent’ place with my kitties, and a comfy bed with comfy pillows and a nice, big, pretty bathroom with an awesome shower/bathroom.
- More Auditions and More Bookings!
- A Romantic Relationship with an amazing man
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
- May 4th– I turned 39 and spent the day on Catalina Island. It was a bitter-sweet birthday as I was in a gorgeous location, but yet all alone.
- November 7th – My nephew Joey was born
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Launching my own consultation service and having the courage to put a number on it!
- Joining the teams of Blood Kiss, The Night Visitor, Brad Carter, 7 on 10, The Wedding Invitation and Sean Astin’s Vox Populi, and rocking all of their crowdfunding goals!
- Creating/Producing my own panel All Shapes and Sizes Welcome!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Still haven’t dropped those 50 pounds I put on in 2010.
Ironic huh, my biggest accomplishment is connected to a panel on Body Image and my biggest “failure” is being overweight! LOL
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, I was attacked by a 350 Pound Monster Tire resulting in a concussion and chest bruising. 5 days of bed-rest and a few weeks of confusion
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My own! I really feel like I regained my happiness and confidence back this year. Got my groove back so to speak and feel really at peace with my life right now.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I was not a fan of the MTV Awards this year.
13. Where did most of your money go?
Travel and Transportation
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Comic Con!! Our panel! And a ton of Kickstarter Projects!!
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
CUDDLE. KISS. Yoga.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Countless hours on the internet, but it’s a task-specific evil with kickstarter campaigns.
18. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas with my parents, travelling around to each of my four siblings homes to visit them and exchange gifts with all six of my baby nieces and nephews, just like I did last year, except there was one more baby!
19. Did you fall in love in 2013?
20. What was your favorite TV program?
TRUE BLOOD, GAME OF THRONES
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t use the word hate.. hate is such an awful word and emotion. But none that I can recall.
23. What was the best book you read?
The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My favorite musical moment of the year was a weekend at the RAJ Festival
25. What did you want and get?
A comic con panel! A place to live! Money!
26. What did you want and not get?
My Soulmate. A solid LA team of representation.
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
The one that stuck with me the most was the creepy ass The Purge.
28. What did you do on your birthday? How old were you?
I turned 39 and treated myself to a day on Catalina Island. I went kayaking, played mini-golf, went bowling and even had an ice cream cone all by myself.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A romantic relationship
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Jeans and flip-flops
31. What kept you sane?
Yoga, Zumba, Blogging and my kitty cats!
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Sean Astin hands down. Sean and I met and worked on his kickstarter campaign together for his political talk show, Vox Populi. He is just an amazingly intelligent man, with high work standards, professionalism, and yet super fun and wacky. Honored to be a part of his team.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
The government shut down
34. Who did you miss?
My nieces and nephews
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Sean Astin and Mark Gantt
36. What valuable life lesson did you learn in 2013?
If you don’t value yourself and your talents, no one will.
If you DO value yourself and your talents everyone else will too.
37. What song lyrics sum up your year?
I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone’s shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I’ll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can’t take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all