Top beauty magazines and companies sell copies and products by utilizing celebrity names, faces, and likeness; from Proactive™ to CoverGirl™ stars are plastered all over their ads and articles. We all want to know what lipstick Kate Winslet loves and what’s in Kerry Washington’s purse. I figured, since we all have our OWN little beauty secrets (whether we stole them from our mother or Cate Blanchett), I would ask some of the beautiful women in my life “what’s in their bag.” From cleansers to make-up must haves, here is a list of the top favorites from fellow actresses, makeup artists, and models – the stars in my life.
● “Image skin care – Clear Cell line. My skin is a bit acne prone, and this stuff keeps it off my face. I was introduced to this brand not too long ago by a trusted aesthetician. You can’t buy it from the company directly if you are not a skin care professional but you can find it on ebay. The best thing to do is to consult an aesthetician about the product to know what to get for your specific skin type.”
● “I swear by Kate Somerville! I get facials regularly at their skin clinic in West Hollywood, they are amazing and it has made a huge difference in my skin. The best cleanser is from their sensitive skin line, Daily Detox Cleanser. I apply it with my Clarisonic Brush (also a must have) twice a day.
● “Best with Blueberries Facial Polish is amazing. You can only find it online.”
● “A splurge of mine is Lancôme creamy foaming cleanser. It’s leaves my face clear and doesn’t dry it out.”
● “Oil cleansers are your best friends! They don’t strip the natural oil on your skin. Tuel is a great line! I use the detox deep pore cleansing oil which helps take off all the make up, it’s especially great after a shoot.”
● “A must have brand for everything (especially anti-aging cleansers) is Redefine by Rodan and Fields.”
● “One of my favorite brands is Yon-ka, a french beauty line. Their Cleansing Milk is to die for.”
● “Trader Joe’s Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil. For anyone with acne prone skin like mine any product with tea tree oil is great. The oil has natural antibacterial properties and is great for disinfection. It also doesn’t dry out the skin. Great cleanser.”
● “CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser. It’s gentle, effective, and safe for all skin types. I like that it isn’t fragranced and that its available over-the-counter at an inexpensive price. It’s a great alternate in-between medicated cleansers or cleansers with active ingredients (to fight breakouts).”
● “Moist towelettes are really affordable and easy! Trader Joe’s brand is great and Say Yes To Tomatoes wipes and are biodegradable!”
● “My trusted cleanser (since I was in high school) is Neutrogena Oil Free Face Wash.”
● “Laura Mercier has the best tinted moisturizers! They moisturize and give you a healthy glow.”
● “My skin is super sensitive so I am a FREAK about my what I put on my face! My favorite moisturizer is Skin by Marywynn’s oil-free hydrating fluid.”
● “Bio-Cream by Neocutis. It’s a Swiss brand originally developed to help heal burn victims. Its heavier, so I rely on it to keep my skin moisturized during the winter months when my skin tends to dry out and become flaky. During the summer, I use Triple Antioxidant Moisture Whip by Art of Skin MD, a product line developed by dermatologist Dr. Melanie Palm. This moisturizer has a combination of green-tea and caffeine, important antioxidants to help guard against UV rays.”
● “Ole Henriksen Sheer Truth- just recently started using this line and my face feels glowy!”
● “Chiara Serum (only found online) has literally changed my skin, I swear by it.”
● “Image Skin Care Vital C Hydrating Repair Creme. It’s available on Ebay if not through a skin care professional.”
● “The best cheap moisturizers are Aveeno positively radiant and Neutrogena Oil Free.”
● **I had multiple women confirm my love for Organic/Virgin Coconut Oil. I don’t use it as a moisturizer but do use it as a hand/foot cream at night or for dry patches on the face. I was told by a close friend that if you put it on your eyebrows at night it’ll help make them grow thick and luscious–I tried it and IT WORKS.
BEST OF THE BEST-
● “For those annoying little break outs I use Skin by Marywynn’s Clear Skin Ultra Gel. They have the best products for problematic skin.”
● “Kate Somerville’s EradiKate is a sulfur spot-treatment is a must have, it literally kills the zit overnight!”
● “Pure & Clear (which you can find at Drugstores) makes a good zit zapper!”
Anti-Aging / Night Creams:
● “Murad’s Essential-C Moisture is THE BEST EVER. I wake up to glowy, beautiful skin and it doesn’t break me out.”
● “ A great night serum is CRX – Vitamin C. Reverses the signs of aging!”
● “ A must have product of mine is the a great exfoliator. I use Tuel’s Power Scrub. It’s intense so you should only use it a couple times a week.”
● “Sakura Silk. One of my favorite things to do is exfoliate my skin, but since I have sensitive skin and it can tend to damage it quickly if the exfoliant is too coarse or if I exfoliate too often. This product allows me to exfoliate up to 3 times per week because its made of gel. You apply it to a clean dry face and let the gel sit until you see it change color from clear to a milky color. At that point, you can rub it around your skin and actually see you skin being slough off. It’s oddly satisfying and feels amazing.”
● “I love Laura Mercier’s golden hues for bronzing, and Nars Orgasm blush stick, it looks great one EVERYONE.”
● “Lancôme is the best I love their Lancôme teint idole ultra 24h makeup and star bronzer palette. It gives me color and glow!”
● “Latisse. This gives me longer and fuller lashes (and despite the rumors) does not change my eye color from their natural blue-grey to anything else. Most days, I don’t need to wear eyeliner because my lashes are so beautiful just by themselves.”
● “Clinique’s Super-balanced Makeup is the best foundation, I’ve used it for years.”
● “I recently discovered SureLash, and it is AMAZING!! It’s the same dramatic effect as false eye lashes, but w/o all the hassle. As easy to apply as mascara. Seriously, I have thin, fine eyelashes and this stuff makes a NOTICEABLE difference. Plus, it has all natural ingredients!”
● “LORAC TANTALIZER BRONZER. I never leave home without it.”
Here are a few must haves from model and make-up artist Xanthia Pink:
●Using Mac Paint Primer before applying shadow will keep your eye makeup looking amazing!
●Mac Pigment in Vanilla makes blending a dream.
●Lime Crime Velvetines long last lip color in Red Velvet is my current lip color obsession!
●Stila Black liquid eye liner pen makes the perfect cat eye!
●Makeup Forever HD foundation is amazing for shoots and Makeup Forever Pro powder foundation is perfect for everyday wear.
There you have it ladies! Feel free to steal these secrets and add any tips/favorites you swear by!